AUTOMATIC VERTICAL ARGON COUPLINGOverall, the development of the automatic coupler has brought a new level of flexibility and reliability to the operations of porous plug users.
BENEFITS OF AUTOMATIC COUPLINGS:The automatic coupler provides significant benefits listed below:
- Gas stirring during converter/furnace tapping gives rapid homogenisation ensuring a representative sample and temperature/oxygen activity measurement can be taken immediately. Prevents freezing over the plug.
- Slag/metal mixing is promoted during and after tapping resulting in early slag fluxing and enhances slag/metal reactions.
- Post treatment stirring at any location to promote inclusion floatation and to prevent temperature stratification
- Enhances slag off operation resulting in lower metal losses.
- The coupler can be used in any process which uses porous plug stirring,
- Short stir to ensure the plug remains operational.
- Use of the coupler on the ladle preheat stand allows check of plug operation (flow, back pressure etc.) Maintaining a small gas flow during preheating prevents melting of slag glaze covering the plug.
- Safe and simple operation without operators directly involved
- Easy installation onto existing ladle cars, support stands etc.
- Only very minor ladle modifications required
- Easy integration into an existing gas supply
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Improved porous plug availability
5 DIMENSIONS OF EXPERTISE
SIMPLY SELECT THE THEME YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ON THE INTERACTIVE GRAPHIC